6.01.2009

Three Trees


I absolutely LOVE this card!! The layout is from a Stampin' Success magazine, I just switched up a few things to make it my own. It has a fresh springtime look that uses:


Certainly Celery
Garden Green
Apricot Appeal
Regal Rose


I don't have a green ribbon that coordinates with the colors I used, so I opted to use Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain instead. To attach the ribbon, tie a knot, THEN attach it using glue dots - it's a lot easier than trying to tie the ribbon around such a small piece of cardstock!

If you don't have any patterned paper, but want to add more visual interest without stamping, you can do what I did with the Certainly Celery rectangle. Use your paper scorer to score at different increments across your paper (I did mine at 1/2"). Flip your paper 90 degrees, and do the same thing. It didn't come thru the scan very well, but it's perfect for adding additional interest to the card without it being too busy.

No comments: